Where are Leash Laws In Effect?

A neighbor recently wrote to the blog asking if the City of Seatac has an enforceable leash law.  In general, leash laws are in effect in all urban areas in King County. It doesn’t matter whether the urban area is part of a city or in unincorporated King County, the leash laws apply. Urban areas are defined as lot sizes of 15,000 square feet or smaller. The leash laws are not in effect in the rural areas of King County. In those areas, the dogs must be under voice control. 

The writer also inquired about excessive noise from neighboring pets. If you are encountering issues with someone else's pet, the King County web page requests that you please read tips about communicating with the pet owner (PDF) before you submit a complaint.
Complaint submittal options:
1. Fill out, and e-mail a completed complaint form (PDF) to: pets@kingcounty.gov.
2. Call 206-296-PETS (7387), ext. 24, Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
3. Download, print and mail or FAX the complaint form (PDF) to:
MAIL: King County Animal Care and Control, 21615 - 64th Ave. S, Kent, WA 98032 FAX:   206-205-8043

No comments: