Seasons Greetings!

(A Letter From The Editor)
Sitting here in the calm of night, peering out the window at all the surrounding Christmas light, I reflect back on the year we had – the fun at the Fishing Derby; the excitement of the fireworks show on the Fourth of July; the tasty treats and surprise entertainment with the Floating Tapas, the camaraderie and display of athleticism at the Horse’n’around Classic, the stories and the many, many laughs exchanged during the Christmas Party, and the challenges we endured making our way around the lake on the Christmas Cruise.

I consider how fortunate I am to live in this active community of ours and am thankful for the many opportunities afforded to me to become acquainted with such wonderful neighbors.  I cherish these memories and the new friendships made that I am confident will stay with me through my lifetime…  and suddenly it occurs to me, all these recollections and relationships were accumulated within just a single year! And then I begin to get excited thinking about what the next year will bring!
(click on the photo)
I am sending a deep felt and sincere Thank You to all my neighbors for welcoming my family and me into your extraordinary community. I look forward to gathering with you again soon and meeting more of you next year.

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas. A Safe, Happy and Prosperous New Year!

5 comments:

LPG said...

Said very nicely Mr. Blogspot. So may I take the time to extend not only a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your entire family, but also CONGRATULATIONS on the BLOG making it through the first year servicing the ALSC and our community (not to mention the 6,000 hits experienced since the blogs start)plus extend a HUGE THANKYOU for all your time and effort put into creating, sustaining and updating the site.
So thankyou thankyou for you and your family choosing our community in which to live.
(Standing ovation occurring at this time)
From one thankful neighbor out of many I am sure.

TaniRae said...

Hear hear! I agree completely. I too am so pleased to be a part of this community and feel we are all blessed to have you two leaders who are so good at sprinkling fun and excitement into every event. Thank you thank you.. and I will take the plunge into the new year with you, figuratively speaking.

TaniRae said...

You really had me going with that picture! I said, when did all those people get together and don Santa hats? I don't remember that! Love that photoshop!

LPG said...

OMG, never even noticed everyone wearing Santa Hats!!!! Awesome!!!

tennishustler said...

A belated happy new year to you and my neighbors. Thanks for making such fun & informative blog. Michael Nguyen